Home

The Original Hash House


The Original Hash House
The Original Hash House
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Circa 1938)

The 'Hash House' was the mildly derogative nickname given (for its unimaginative, monotonous food) to the Selangor Club Chambers, by the British Civil Servants and businessman who lived and dined there. Originally, the ground floor housed the main Selangor Club dining room, and between the two World Wars it became a social center of the times, used regularly for lunch time meals by the members who worked in the immediate vicinity.

Situated close to and behind the present Selangor Club, it's function changed after independence and it became a key office for the local Water Board, as it was the place where all Kuala Lumpur (K.L.) residents came to pay their water bills. Sadly, it gave way to the relentless march of time around 1964, being bulldozed to the ground under the north-bound lane Jalan Kuching. The buildings housing the original stables and servants quarters are still in existence.

Back Next


"G" - The founder of the Hash House Harriers



The Original Hash House


EdmONtON, Alberta



Annual Red Dress Run



Fallen Hashers


Advice for New Hares

Hash Hold Recipes

EH3 Hash Hymnals

Hash Rules

Virgin Guide

Hashtory


EdmONtON, Alberta, Canada

Copyright © 2014